Height Estimate is a free software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-03-22. The program can be installed on Android.
Height Estimate is a fun tool that can be used to give you an estimated measurement of how tall or high something is.
- Estimate height and distance
- Save measurements - Share measurements
- Supports Metric or Imperial units
Height Estimate is designed to make use of your mobile devices built in sensors to calculate the height and distance of an object. Height Estimator uses your mobile devices sensors to calculate the angle that you are holding your device. Using the angle, simple trigonometry, and assuming that your target object is at a 90 degree angle from the distance you are from the bottom of the object, height estimator can estimate the objects height from within feet to even inches of the actual height of the object. See instructions down below for help on how to operate the height estimate application.
Note: Height Estimator only works in landscape mode.
1. First you will need to enter the height at which you will be holding your mobile device relative to the bottom of the object you are going to measure. In many cases this will be how high off the ground you are holding the mobile device. To enter the height you will be holding your mobile device, click the button in the top left corner that reads "Device Height".
- If I am measuring the height of a building and I am standing on the ground, I would enter the distance I'm holding my mobile device from the ground.
2. Next you will need to use the built in distance estimator to determine how far you are from where height is equal to 0 of the object's height of which you are after. To do this, click on the button in the bottom left hand corner of the screen that reads "Distance". The word "Distance" will slide to the center of the screen which means that the distance estimator is enabled. Point the crosshair or target in your mobile devices view at the bottom of the object you are measuring. Give the estimator a few seconds to adjust and click record. Now that the distance has been calculated, you are ready to find the height.
- If I am measuring the height of a building and I am standing on the ground, I would point the target shown in my mobile devices view at the bottom of the building and click record.
3. To calculate the height, click the button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen that reads "Height". The word "Height" will slide to the center of the screen which means that the height estimator is enabled. Point the target in your mobile devices view at the top of the object you are measuring. Give the estimator a few seconds to adjust and click record.
- If I am measuring the height of a building and I'm standing on the ground, I would point the target shown in my mobile devices view at the top of the building and click record.
Height Estimate (version 1.4) has a file size of 1.89 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.